a. To differentiate between the characteristics of the earth’s structural layers;
b. To appreciate the way earth is designed to harbor life; and
c. To name the boundaries among the earth’s layers
II. LEARNING TASKS
a. Topic: The Structure of the Earth
b. Concepts: a. Geology is the scientific study of the earth.
b. The major sections of the earth based on chemical composition are the crust, mantle and the core.
c. The crust is the outer layer, the mantle is the middle layer and the core the inner layer.
c. Values: Gratefulness
d. Skills: Comparing and differentiating
e. Strategies: Cooperative learning; Trigger Pictures
f. Materials: OHP
g. References: Science of the Physical Creation: (2nd Edition) pp. 195-198
III. LEARNING SEQUENCE
a. Routinary activities
A 5-item check-up test will be administered.
The apple story
c. Lesson Proper
I. THE LAYERS OF THE EARTH
1. Show an acteate of the earth’s structure and ask students to identify the layers. Ask what are the bases of identifying the layers.
3. Discuss the crust. Show an acetate of materials that composes the earth’s crust. Ask questions based on the data presented on the table. Differentiate between oceanic and continental crust in terms of the rocks that made them up.
II. INVESTIGATORY PROJECT TITLE
1. Students go to their respective groups.
2. Must list at least 3 possible IP problems for approval.
1. Bring a pre-cut Styrofoam ball that resembles the Earth.
2. Bring a styro or poster paint.
3. Newspapers and paintbrush